Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2021

My Favourite Part Of Shaping Up

Welcome back bloggers, This blog post will be about shaping up and today I will be talking about what is shaping up, what was my favourite part of shaping up and what do I think about shaping up. I will also try to make a challenge about instructing a ship to a treasure. 

So shaping up is our session of maths and it has another Maori name called Te Ao Whanui. And the Maori meaning is getting people to grow up the community and unite together as one strong people. And in our shaping up we have been focusing on angles, shapes, nets, rotations, reflection, translation, measuring how far the distance is from town to town, and knowing how to find the enclosure on a map. We also focused on parallel lines and the different lines segments. 

My favourite part was finding the treasures on a map and enclosures on different grids. I also liked learning about other shapes that I didn't know and the nets of how they formed the shape. And another part was learning about angles of shapes and how translation works. And the last thing that I enjoyed was measuring the scale of the New Zealand and USA maps. 

I think that this session of hurumanu is alright but I think that we should focus more on learning maths not doing activities of maths that we don't know. But I know that this session next term will be more amazing and reasonable.

My challenge: 
The grind is six by six
On the left, the numbers are 10 to 19 and on the bottom, it's 1 to 6 
The is Nort East South and West.What Is A Compass? | How Does A Compass Work? | DK Find Out
Start from the left corner of the page 
move east 4 times 
and then go south 4 times
Then go west 2 
go down 1 south and the treasure is there!

Please make sure to leave a comment(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

T​ o support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared. 2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say​
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question