Pages

Friday, September 25, 2020

Daylight | Saving

Welcome back bloggers for our homeroom session today we have been doing some researching. Our topic for today is daylight saving. Would you like to continue daylight saving or not? I want daylight saving to stop because in my country the day is very long. So we did some research about daylight saving in New Zealand. We really had to research information about daylight saving in New Zealand. We had to make our work in full sentences so there is a bit of a challenge. 

Here is my completed work: 

When does Daylight Saving happen each year in New Zealand?
Each year daylight saving happens in New Zealand every last Sunday in September. 

What year did it start in NZ?
The first daylight saving in New Zealand was in 1927. 
Why was Daylight Saving started? Write at least 2 sentences to answer this question.
Daylight saving started by Thomas Sidey he decided to move the clocks one hour forward in New Zealand. So the summer period allows for an extra hour of daylight in the evenings. 

I want daylight savings to be eliminated because some people work at night like farmers etc. It would be hard for them to see and to do their job. It would be really helpful to people with jobs that work at night when it’s dark. And we could have more time to sleep, spend time with families and play outside. I want to stop it because I want more daylight and time. It would be cool if we had an extra hour in a day so it would be a much easier and enjoyable day. I really don’t like having a quick and unhappy day. 

Do all the states in Australia have Daylight Saving? Who does and who doesn’t?
Yes some Australia states have daylight saving like South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, the Australian Capital Territory and Norfolk Island. And the states that don't have daylight saving are Queensland, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, Christmas Island or Cocos Island. 

Write 3 tips to help others adjust to Daylight Saving this weekend.
Tips to adjust daylight saving
Get some sunlight.
Get some sleep a few minutes early. 
Keep an exercise schedule and keep drinking water. 



Hope you enjoyed my blog post and make sure to not hesitate to comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

T​ o support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared. 2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say​
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question