Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Skittles Colour Experiment

 Aim: 

I want to find out what happens when I put Skittles into water. 

Method:

Equipment

  • Skittles 
  • Petri Dish
  • Warm water 
  • Beaker
  • White background 
Instruction
  1. Gather all your equipment. 
  2. Place eight Skittles out evenly around the outside of the Petri Dish. 
  3. Get the warm water, gently put the warm water into the middle of the Petri Dish. 
  4. Don't overfill the Petri Dish while putting in the warm water!!!
  5. Observe and record what happens. 
Prediction: 
I think I will see all the colours pop out and the Skittles will dissolve.

Results: 






I saw the colours of the Skittles dissolving and spreading out to the centre. They were going to the same point where they meet and don't mix colours. The bottom of the Skittles colours was changing to white because of the water. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora, Shadrach I really like looking at those pictures of skittles colours,
    I really how you work carefuly on this. Good job Shadrach, Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

T​ o support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared. 2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say​
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question