Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Egg Drop Test

Last week we did something really fun and challenging in our science class, it was something that we cannot wait because we are doing an egg drop challenge. So the challenge was making something that will make the egg survive from a high fall. We were able to work with a partner so I decided to work with my partner that I cooperate together well. And the other challenge was making our structure with sticks, tapes, strings, small pieces of foams, a used plastic bag and rubber bands. 

My partner and I didn't have a plan of how we are going to make our structure, but we made a square for our base with foams and stick them with the sticks. Then we measure the egg in our base as if it will fit, which turned out positive. We used the sticks to stick the foams together which is much easier rather than using the tapes. Then used two four rubber bands to make the sticks a bit more stable. And then we grabbed a piece of used plastic bag for our parachute to make the landing softer. Then we attached the string to the parachute and attached it to the sticks. And the last part has too compressed the egg together with foams and tapes. 

But then it was the time to drop the egg fro a high place, which is five metres. When my partner dropped our structure it didn't land really soft because there were little holes on parachute therefore it made our structure tilt left and right. But then when I opened the hatch of our structure it was surprisingly safe with no cracks or damaged. And my partner and I were really happy and proud of what we have done. 

Here are some pictures and video

Question of the day: What if you had a challenge like this what is your idea?

Hope you enjoyed my blog post, make sure to leave a feedback!




No comments:

Post a Comment

T​ o support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared. 2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say​
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question