Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Types Of Communication | Hur 3

 Hello readers, In our Science class with a different teacher, we have been learning on explanation writing. And the explanation writing is about communication in life and in space. 

The challenge was to research all the following five-question and answer them. And make a presentation for the answers. I had to go to different websites to know the answers because all the question were interesting. The questions were : 

What are some ways to communicate? (Pick 3) 

How do these forms of communication work, what do they rely on or use? 

Why can nobody hear you shout in space? 

Is radio communication instant? 

What does this mean for space mission from Earth to Mars? 

I did my presentation on renderforest because it was easy to use, but there was some technical difficulty. I only answered the first questions and had three communication explanation. Because the Renderforest has a limit of how much slides I can put in and how much words I can add. Each slide had a limit of how much words you can put it. So I hope you can understand each slide. But the rest of the questions I put them in my google docs. I really had a hard time making the presentation but I had fun researching the questions and answering them. 

I hope you can enjoy my presentation and can understand it, so here it is: 


How does these forms of communication work?

The forms of communication pass through sources and the receiver. It transfers the understanding and the information from one person to another person to communicate. They are made up of four key components to process communication. They are encoding, medium of transmission, decoding and feedback. That’s how the sender and the receiver communicate. 


Why can nobody hear you shout in space?

Nobody can hear you shout in space because the sound waves are carried by air molecules hitting each other and the microphone. So the little pressure drops are the purpose of carrying the sounds. If the molecules decrease and hit the microphone they hear a quieter communication. In space there is no air so you can’t shout in space, that’s why the sound can’t travel to one and another.


Is the radio communication instant? 

Radio communication travels very quickly in space, they are electromagnetic radiation, they travel at the speed of the light. The speed of the light is approximately 300,000 kilometres per seconds. The radio receives radio waves and turns them into speakers and creates sound waves. There are two types of radio communication : AM (amplitude modulation) and FM (frequency modulation). The other radio is a technology that allows one another to keep contact with. The radio receiver gets the audio and data sent over to the radio waves. 


What does this mean for a space mission from Earth to Mars? 

When travelling from Earth to Mars it would take about 21 months. To get to Mars it would take about 9 months and stay in Mars for 3 months and come back to Earth. There are three steps of travelling to Mars from Earth which take a very long time, so you have to be patient. Earth and Mars orbit are not in perfect circles, Astronauts can travel from Earth to Mars when the orbits are at the same distance. It needs to be at the right timing or otherwise the rocket ship won’t be successful to get to Mars. You really need a lot of fuel to travel to Mars from Earth. 



Question of the day: What is the best website to do your presentation? 

Hope you enjoyed my blog post please don't hesitate to comment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

T​ o support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared. 2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say​
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question