Pages

Friday, September 17, 2021

What Is An Acid?

Name of the 3 acids that you need to know for year 10: 

  1. Hydrochloric Acid
  2. Sulfuric Acid
  3. Nitric Acid
The short way of writing these formulae:
  1. HCl
  2. H2SO4
  3. HNO3
Where do you find acids? 
  • Plaque is an Acid on your teeth. 
  • Stomach Acid is Hydrochloric Acid. 
  • Battery  Acid Is Sulfuric Acid. 
  • Lemons and Oranges have Citric Acid.
  • Vinegar contains Acetic Acid. 
  • Bee-Stings have formic Acid.
  • Coca-Cola Has Carbonic Acid. (If you drink Coca-Cola it will rot your teeth)
What if you get stung by Bee?
If you get stung by a bee you can put toothpaste on it and it will cancel the sting. 

What if you get stung by a wasp?
If you get stung by a Wasp you can pee on it.

What is an Acid?
An Acid contains Hydrogen atoms that break off to react with a substance. 

Litmus red paper stayed into the red. 
But blue litmus paper changed into red. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

T​ o support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared. 2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say​
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question