Pages

Friday, September 17, 2021

Red Cabbage Indicator (Science)

 Aim: 

I want to find out how to tell if something is an acid. 

Method:

Equipment

  • Beaker
  • Red cabbage 
  • Boiling water
  • Dropper 
  • Test tubes 
  • Different samples for testing
Instructions:
  1. Get your equipment all ready.
  2. Tear the cabbages into small bits, into your beaker.
  3. Add about 100ml of boiling water into the beaker. (Your boiling water needs to take out the colour of the cabbage).
  4. Then wait until the colour of the beaker turns purple. 
  5. Then you get your hydrochloric acid and hydroxide. 
  6. Then pour your hydrochloric acid and hydroxide into your test tube then add the red cabbage water. 
  7. And see what colour it turned out to be. 
Result:
Test pH levels with red cabbage - Discovery Express
It made different amazing colours because of the hydroxide and hydrochloride. And if you keep experimenting maybe you'll be able to make more different colours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

T​ o support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared. 2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say​
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question