Pages

Friday, August 13, 2021

Making Ginger beer!!!

 Welcome back bloggers, In today's blog post I will be sharing how to make ginger beer. Well technically I didn't have the chance to make them but my friend will help me and guide me through it. 

 Aim: 

I want to find out how to make ginger beer. 

Research: 

Funny ginger beer clip. 

How to make ginger beer.

How yeast ferments drinks. 

Equipment:

  • Saucepan
  • Mesh strainer
  • funnel
Ginger beer syrup ingredients:
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
Ginger beer ingredients:
  • 1/8 tsp active dry yeast or brewer's yeast. 
  • Add Ginger syrup (ingredients above)
  • 3 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed 
  • 7 cups of filtered water. 
Caution: 
Clean any bottle you find. 
You have to make sure you always open the bottle every day to release the extra gas. Or the bottle might explode. 

Method:
  1. Peel a chunk of the ginger with the tip of a teaspoon, grate it using the fine side of your grater. And then place the ginger, sugar, and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Then steer the sugar until it dissolves. Turn off the heat and leave it for an hour. 
  2. Pour three or four tablespoons of your syrup over ice and add 8 ounces of seltzer water or club soda. Then bottle the rest of the syrup and store it in the refrigerator. 
  3. Pour a little bit of yeast in and followed by the syrup, lemon juice, and water. 
  4. Put the lid on the bottle and shake the concoction until the yeast dissolves. And place it on a shelf or pantry out of direct sunlight for 2-3 days. or until it fizzes. Then it's ready to drink but you must remember to restore it in the refrigerator to prevent further fermentation. 
Photo: 
Result:
It smelled like alcohol and a bit sour. It tasted very disgusting because it was like alcohol and ginger mixed together. But I think older people might like it. 

Thank you so much for taking the time and reading my blog post. Make sure to leave a comment(:


No comments:

Post a Comment

T​ o support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared. 2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say​
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question