Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2020

School Friday which means P.E.

Morena everyone,

 welcome back to my blog I know I haven't being posting a lot is because I got a new account in high school. But anyways every Friday at school we have cool amazing fun activity.

So last week on Friday we had P.E. and we got to play a cool game of softball. So our coach had to explain the rules first for the beginners. 'You know me I already know how to play softball'. After our coach explained the rules we did a fun drill. We spllited into four groups and we needed four to five in a group. The four of us in my group practiced our catches and passing wearing a baseball gloves. Then we practiced our batting skills. And most of us wear nearly hitting the ball. But then it was lunch time. 

It was time to play the game and here comes the intense part. It was my turn my heart pounding really hard like pouncing on a concrete floor. I followed the ball with my sharp eyes as I was swinging the bat. But then I got a strike and another strike but then the third hit I hit the ball really hard as I can and then it bounced of the grass which then I can run as fast as I can to the home bases. My feet were thumping softly but crunchy because of the grasses. I didn't took the risk to get the home run but I managed to get a home run because of the players in my team. Then we swapped over my team were pitching and I was the back stop I caught the ball once when my team was pitching. I hold it tight and threw it to the catcher but then the catcher caught it to late. Then we had a swap over again but this part it was bad. When I was bating when the ball suppose to go far away from me it hit me on the face. But luckily it didn't hurt but I was embarrassed. 

But then my team won by sixteen points and our opponent had fourteen points. 

Rules of the softball:

  • Each team consists of 9 players and teams can be of mixed gender
  • A game lasts for 7 innings and is split into two sections; the top and bottom of the innings.
  • Each team bats once in each innings before the sides switch.
  • The fielding team has a pitcher, catcher, a player on first base, second base, third base, three deep fielders and short stop.
  • A batter must successfully strike the ball and run around as many bases as possible. Once they get all the way around and back to home plate without being given out a run is scored.
  • The fielding team can prevent the batsmen by making them miss the ball, catching the ball, tagging one of the bases before they reach it or tagging the batsmen whilst they are running with the ball in hand.
  • Down the first and third base line is a foul area. Once the ball crosses this line before it bounces the ball is deemed ‘dead’ and play restarts with a new pitch.
  • A home run can be scored by hitting the ball over the outfield and into a dead ball area. The batsmen can then stroll around the bases to score along with any additional batsmen on base.
Question of the day: What was the worsting happened to you in sports. 

Please leave a comment if you enjoy my blog make sure that is positive, thoughtful and helpful.(:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

T​ o support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared. 2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say​
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question