Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2019

GROWING CRYSTAL IN PROGRESS!!!

Hi everyone,

At school we have been growing crystals for the past two weeks, and I will show you the process of making the crystals.

We are learning about crystals and rocks and how they are formed. And its called Earth Science. 

This is how crystals are formed. Crystals are formed when a rock is hollow, water goes in it and it takes a really long time. Minerals from the rock dissolve in the water and over time they form crystals. They are usually made from a pure mineral. 

Our crystal that we made at school was made from borax and hot boiling water. We had three pipe cleaners to make the crystals grow on the holes. And thigh the string to the pipe cleaners and the pencil. We make sure that the pipe cleaners was not touching the bottom. 

The crystals starting growing at the bottom and at the pipe cleaner, also the pipe cleaners became harder. 

What do you think will happen next?



Thank you everyone for reading my blog, make sure to leave a feedback about my blog post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

T​ o support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared. 2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say​
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question