Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

(Mystery Writing Hot Spot Term 4)

G,day everyone,

In this blog post I will showcase you what we have been doing in writing and what we are learning. We are learning to use strong ideas when writing, Eliminate unnecessary ideas and words, only include what is powerful, meaningful and important. If you guys are curious why we write one hundred words well is because we need to think about what is important to say and that will not confuse the audience.

Our challenge was to create a new google doc and then copy and paste the writing prompt. And that was our starting sentences for our writing. And then I showed my teacher and gave me my next step and positive. 

(My shoes were soaked and the rain wouldn’t stop.
A grey car I didn’t recognise pulled up beside me).

We had to include strong words like: Blustery, Exquisite, Fragile, Disillusioned in our writing. This challenge was kinda hard because I keep getting over one hundred and going below ninety. But then I finally completed it I wrote exactly one hundred words.  

Here is my writing:


My shoes were soaked and the rain wouldn’t stop. A grey car I didn’t recognise pulled up beside me. The weather looked scary and weird. It had blustery wind that could blow your whole body backwards. The wind blew the rain in a sideways direction. My body felt fragile because there was no shelter. My stomach was rumbling of hungriness and made my mouth yell, “HELP” as loud as I could until I lost my voice. My whole brain started to feel disillusioned. But the rain suddenly stopped and there was an exquisite rainbow that appeared in front of me. 
Strong words that you must include:
  • Blustery
  • Exquisite
  • Fragile
  • Disillusioned


Please leave a comment if you like my story and please give me any question if you need to ask something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

T​ o support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared. 2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say​
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question