Pages

Friday, December 20, 2019

SLJ: (Day 2 Activity 2) Atmosphere

Ciao everyone,

Welcome back to my blog. In this blog post I will share you another activity of the Summer Learning Journey. The activity is about Neil Armstrong.

For this activity the challenge is to: Write a short poem describing how you felt when you first set foot on the moon. I needed to imagine that I was Neil Armstrong.

Facts about Niel Armstrong was the first guy who stepped on the moon. He earned Eagle scout badges in boy scouts. Six hundred million people watched the first moon walk on tv. The footprints made by Armstrong are still on the moon.

Also we had a poem guide for starters.

This activity was joyful and challenging at the same time because I was always stuck on one word and had to rhyme it with another word.

I added some details on my google drawing to make it look like the space. But then when I finished it I felt with accomplishment.

Here is my poem.





Hope you learned facts about Neil Armstrong and enjoy my poem. Please leave a comment that is positive, helpful and thoughtful. 

question of the day: Have you guys written a poem about someone that is famous? 

5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Shadrach,

    Wow, what an eye-catching post! I love the colours you've used - it looks just like the night sky. :) You've written a really good poem as well, Shadrach. I like how you used lots of rhyming words. I always find to so tricky to write poems that rhyme. You've done really well. :) Do you enjoy doing creative writing activities like this?

    Also, I just wanted to let you know that after today I won't be online as often as I have been because I'm going away for Christmas and New Years. But please keep sharing all of your amazing Summer Learning Journey posts and I'll be back to read and comment on them on the 6th of January. :)

    Have a magical Christmas!

    Bye for now,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! And to answer your question, no I haven't written a poem about anyone famous before. I do like to write birthday poems for my friends and family though. Maybe I can give the famous person poem a try while I'm on holiday. :)

      Bye Shadrach!

      Mikey

      Delete
    2. Kamusta Mikey,

      Than you again for commenting on my blog. I know that you are part of the Summer Learning Journey but you are making my learning improve and giving me lots of positive feedback always.

      I agree with you because sometimes when writing a poem its very tricky to rhyme words.

      Just ti answer your question I really like doing creative writing activities like this.

      Also thank you for letting me know that you are going somewhere.

      BYE (Have a great holiday!

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much for answering my question because I really want someone answer. That is a great idea, and that is nice of you writing poem when it is someone's birthday for your friends and family.

      Delete
    4. Hi Shadrach!

      Sorry it's taken me so long to reply to your comment. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to me though - thank you :)

      That's awesome to hear! I like creative writing too. It's such a wonderful way to express yourself. Have you shared any other pieces of creative writing on your blog? Maybe something you wrote in class? I'd love to read it if you have.

      I look forward to hearing from you soon. :)

      Bye for now,

      Mikey

      Delete

T​ o support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared. 2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say​
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question